Blueberry Lavender & Vanilla Vegan Cheesecake Squares
These delicious bars are gluten free, vegan, AND raw! (Raw = no bake = ideal for hot summer days, right?) This was our first time trying Lavender essential oil in a recipe, and it did not disappoint! Just a little goes a long way…
A nut & date crust, creamy cashew filling and rich chocolate ganache make for the perfect sweet treat. If you’ve never tried making Vegan Cheesecake before, no fear; it’s much easier than it sounds! (Although it’s a bit time consuming, so be sure to plan ahead!)
By the way…welcome to our blog! If you’ve been following us on Instagram during the last year (@superfoodrunner), you may be familiar with us and some of our recipes. If not, glad you’re joining! After a few months of procrastination, we are finally ready to get this thing going. Any tips and/or suggestions about starting a blog would be much appreciated!
Enjoy these bars straight out of the freezer (and try to share with friends and family)!
- 1 cup raw pecans or cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 5 dates, soaked 10 mins in water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups soaked raw cashews (soak for 2 hours)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 7 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Nut milk (almond, coconut, etc) for consistency
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 tsp acai powder
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- Seeds of one vanilla bean
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 7 tblsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp acai powder
- 1tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse pecans/cashews, almonds, coconut flakes, and salt until a crumbly mixture forms.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until dough is well-blended and sticks together when pressed with fingers.
- Line 9x9 or 8x8 pan with parchment paper and firmly press filling in.
- Chill in freezer while preparing filling.
- Blend cashews, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, vanilla bean, and sea salt in blender until well combined. Do not worry if the mix looks lumpy, it will smooth out when you add the coconut oil and milk.
- Slowly add in coconut oil and blend, adding nut milk until the consistency is thick, smooth and without lumps.
- Divide batter in half.
- In one half, add acai powder, blueberries, and lavender extract, and blend until well incorporated.
- Pour vanilla layer (the original half of your batter) on top of chilled crust, smooth out with a spatula, and let chill for 1-3 hours, or until firm.
- Once firm, pour the blueberry lavender layer, smooth with spatula, and let chill for additional 1-3 hours.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth. If mixture hardens and becomes too thick to pour, reheat in microwave for 15 second intervals until melted.
- Pour on top of cheesecake layers and let harden for 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Slice into bars and store in freezer (or eat them all right away!).