First things first, if you’re reading this, we’re SO excited to welcome you to our blog! We’ve been putting it off for quite a while, but it feels great to have it up and running and sharing our recipes with you. Thanks for joining!
These bad boys are gluten free and vegan and SO GOOD! I’ve been working on a GF/vegan peanut butter cookie recipe for a while now, because I was having a bit of a hard time finding that balance between softness & chewiness, while also having a cookie that doesn’t fall apart with every bite. This recipe most definitely accomplishes that with the added bonus of peanut butter cream to make them into little sandwich cookies! Yum!
As I was devouring these, I couldn’t quite place my finger on what they reminded me of, but then it hit me…Do-si-dos Girl Scout Cookies! These are literally the vegan/gluten free version of the popular peanut butter sandwich cookies that are SO addicting and delicious. So, moral of the story: make these ASAP!
Enough rambling…here’s the recipe. (P.S. Happy Vegan Day!!)
Don't forget to refrigerate the coconut cream overnight for best results!
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (refrigerate can of full fat coconut milk overnight, and then without shaking the can, scoop out the layer of thick cream that forms on top)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, cream the peanut butter and brown sugar at medium speed until no lumps are left.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup and continue mixing at medium speed.
- Add the remaining cookie ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and place on baking sheet.
- Press lightly with a fork to flatten.
- Bake for 11-13 mins.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2 mins before transferring to cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before making cookie sandwiches
- While cookies are baking, whip coconut cream in small mixing bowl until a whipped cream texture forms.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup and whip until smooth.
- Transfer to a small plastic bag and cut a small hole in one corner of the bag.
- Pipe desired amount onto one cookie, and use other cookie to form a sandwich.