Superfood Smoothies are kind of our forte. Basically, we love exploring flavor combinations of nutrient dense “superfoods”, and incorporating them into a portable snack, breakfast, lunch, or even dinner (we’ve all been there).
This one combines maca powder, lucuma powder, and cacao powder for a rich, velvety, nutrient-dense energy boost! We also used our new favorite vegan protein powder, LivWell Cacao Raw Plant Protein, which we’ve linked here. It’s not chalky at all, and doesn’t leave you with that lingering “protein powder taste” (if ya know what I mean). Plus, it has 17 grams of protein(!!) and actually tastes super chocolatey.
This is the perfect fall smoothie, and will definitely keep you fuller for longer.
- 3/4 cup coconut or other nondairy milk
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsp lucuma powder
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 1/2 dates presoaked in water for 10-15 min to soften
- 1 can 5.4 oz coconut cream
- 2 tsp lucuma
- 1 tsp maca
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- Blend all of the smoothie ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into small glasses ,leaving room on top for the Lucuma/Maca Cream, chopped nuts and fruit.
- Blend the ingredients for the Lucuma/Maca Cream, and then top the smoothie with a little of the cream.
- Chop up apples, pears, walnuts, and pecans, and sprinkle on top of smoothie (optional).
- Dust lightly with cinnamon.