We’ll keep this one short, because I don’t blame ya, you just want to get to the recipe and then make these ASAP. These brownies are fudgy, chocolatey, the perfect amount of salty from a nut butter swirl, and basically, the best easy dessert you can make.
We use a food processor to mix all of the ingredients quickly, so there’s little mess and you can literally throw everything in all at once and have your brownies in the oven within 5 minutes. What more could you want? These brownies are great on their own, but we also love using them in a parfait, with ice cream, or topped with vegan salted caramel. (We use this brand.)
*Note: The vanilla bean paste really makes a difference. It adds such a rich flavor (and smells amazing), but you can also use extract if you don’t have any vanilla bean paste on hand. We get ours in a HUGE 1 qt. bottle. It’s a bit pricey, but it lasts forever, and it really takes baked goods to the next level!
- 1 cup dates, soaked in water for 10-15 min to soften
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp lucuma powder
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2 1/2 tbsp water. Stir and let sit 10-15 mins until thickened.)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower seed butter or other nut butter (optional)
- *We make our own oat flour by pulsing gluten free oats in food processor until fine.
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Soak dates & flax egg for 10-15 mins.
- Pour all ingredients except sun butter into food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into lined pan.
- Drop tsp size dots of nut butter all over top of brownies (evenly spaced), and then using a chopstick or toothpick, swirl the nut butter around the top of the batter until evenly dispersed.
- Bake for 13-15 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.