Papaya Passion Smoothie Bowl
It is that time of winter when we’re just feeling the need for a touch of warm weather and something tropical! Since we live in Michigan and NY, sadly I don’t see that happening (unless we are taking a little vacation!) A tropical smoothie bowl will thankfully (somewhat) do the trick. Papaya, mango, strawberries, and lime- it basically tastes like something they would serve you at a beach resort.
When my kids were little, every January we had a Luau Party to beat the winter blues. We would crank up the heat in the house, and everyone would wear summer clothes and sunglasses, pretending we were on an island, somewhere far away from the negative Michigan temperatures.
My husband and I would theme the food and the music & even decorate the house. It was a nice break from the long and cold winter, and it definitely created some amazing lifelong memories for the kids and us!
Even if you’re not hosting a luau party this winter, give this smoothie bowl a try. And, if you live somewhere warm, please invite us to come visit! 😉
- 1 ripe papaya
- 1 cup frozen organic strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 5 cubes frozen pitaya
- 1 tbsp vanilla protein powder
- half lime juiced
- Peel papaya and scoop out seeds. (Although seeds are edible, they have a strong taste that would not have been good for this particular smoothie.)
- Add rest of ingredients to blender and blend well.
- Pour into bowl & top with fruit and other toppings of choice and enjoy!
- We used blood orange slices, blackberries, blueberries, crushed rose petals, lime zest, and a few chunks of good quality dark chocolate.